Javadocs please

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Javadocs please

Postby lievendoclo » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:49 am

Can you put the Javadoc of Jide OSS somewhere, please? It's kinda hard to try to find out what something does, without having to download the code and see in the code.
For an open-source Java project, this is a must!
lievendoclo

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:11 am

To be frank, I don't know how to put javadoc in java.net project. I know the javadocs are checked to svn. You can see change log etc at https://jide-oss.dev.java.net/source/br ... index.html. But I don't know how to view javadoc from a web browser. Do you by any chance know how other projects on java.net does it?

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby robert » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:46 pm

I think that the original poster is saying that you should post the javadocs (for the common layer) on jidesoft.com. If they already exist, I cannot find them. Currently I need to open source files to learn about the various methods. It would be much simpler if javadocs were available online.

Thanks
robert

Postby JIDE Support » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:52 pm

I uploaded all jide javadoc at http://www.jidesoft.com/javadoc/. It will always be updated with the latest formal release in the future.

The reason we didn't pay attention to the online javadoc is mainly because we never used any online javadoc for JDK ourselves. With most Java IDEs, intellisense and inline javadoc (such as Ctrl-Q in Intellij), I never felt the need to go to a web browser to open the javadoc. in the case of jide common layer, you just need to include the source code zip as part of the library, Ctrl-Q in IntelliJ will work perfectly whenever I need to see javadoc. Not sure what is the key for other Java IDE but I am sure there are something equivalent.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Re: Javadocs please

Postby coffee » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:59 am

Hello,

could you update the online javadocs to the current release, please? The online javadoc is stuck at 2.2.4.

Thanks
coffee

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:46 pm

JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby coffee » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:22 am

Great, thanks a lot.
coffee

Postby natit » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:03 am

could we get another update ? =)
natit

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:39 am

It has been updated to JIDE 3.2.1.

I wonder how many people are actually using web based javadoc. I don't use any web-based JavaDoc myself as I always attach the JavaDoc zip file to the corresponding jar in the Java IDE (in my case, it is the Intellij IDEA). If I want to view the JavaDoc, I just press Ctrl-Q on the class or the method. It is much easier than looking at JavaDoc through web pages. Is there a reason you prefer to use web-based JavaDoc?

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)