Trouble with buttons in MultiplePageDialog

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Trouble with buttons in MultiplePageDialog

Postby tcorbin » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:47 pm

I'm trying to convert an already existing dialog using tabs to use the MultiplePageDialog class.

In the existing code, each tab had buttons with the equivalent of "Ok" and "Cancel".

Since I didn't want to heavily edit all the existing code and I don't want two pairs of Ok and Cancel on each Page, I had the MultiplePageDialog not have a button panel.

What happens now is that when I click on the Ok and Cancel buttons in the dialog, nothing happens until I hit the "X" in the window frame.

How can I fix this? Do I have to try to dispose of the dialog? I don't want to change the code of the Ok and Cancel buttons.

And I don't actually want to dispose of the dialog, I want to hide it, sure, but not dispose of it.

Oh - and when I hit the "X" in the dialog's window frames, the dialog goes away briefly and then comes back immediately. So I can never get rid of it and my application is now useless.

Thanks.
tcorbin

Postby JIDE Support » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:11 pm

I don't remember we change anything related to the x button in MultiPageDialog. Can you try to reproduce it in one of our MultiPageDialog demo?

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Turns out it was a threading issue.

Postby tcorbin » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:41 am

Had to add the use if SwingUtilities.invokeLater
in a couple of places.
tcorbin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)