JidePopup and Jgoodies plastic 3d look and feel

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

JidePopup and Jgoodies plastic 3d look and feel

Postby JGreg » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:55 am

I've just begun testing the common layer so this may be a beginners mistake, but I'm having issues when using the JGoodies Lnf. I've looked at the LookAndFeelFactory javadocs and seen that there could be problems using Jide with 3rd party Look and Feels, but given that Class has direct references to the JGoodies Lnf, I figured it should work shouldn't it?

The problem I encounter is some sort of painting problem for a JidePopup - it just flashes and is barely visible. Works fine with other Lnfs. If it's not supposed to work with JGoodies, fair enough, but if there's an easy fix to this problem, please let me know.

Thanks in anticipation of your reply.
JGreg

Postby JIDE Support » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:57 am

We reference JGoodies L&F just to make sure the L&F exists using Class.forName. We don't use or call any methods on that L&F. So that shouldn't cause any problem.

I tried JGoodies myself and JidePopup works. Can you show me if you can reproduce it in PopupDemo after using JGoodies L&F? It seems working fine when I try it.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)