Unable to customise DocumentPane

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Unable to customise DocumentPane

Postby camerong » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:37 pm

I am trying to customise the tab features of a DocumentPane by setting the close button on the active tab. To do this I tried the following:

1. Extend DocumentPane and implement DocumentPane.TabbedPaneCustomizer. In the customize() method I have the following code:

public void customize(JideTabbedPane jtp)
{
jtp.setShowCloseButton(true);
jtp.setShowCloseButtonOnTab(true);
jtp.setShowCloseButtonOnSelectedTab(true);
}

When the code is run the close button does not appear on the active tab but only appears on the right hand side of the tab area as though I had only called setShowCloseButton().

I also tried overriding the createTdiGroup() in the DocumentPane() but this did not work either.

When I call the same 3 methods on a JideTabbedPane the behaviour is correect but it does not appear to work for the DocumentPane.

Could you indicate whether this is a bug or I need to do something differently.

Regards,

Cameron
camerong

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:31 pm

You just missed one call to disable the default seeting from UIDefault.

jtp.setUseDefaultShowCloseButtonOnTab(false);
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby camerong » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:37 pm

Thanks - that has fixed it.

Regards,

Cameron
camerong

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)