SimpleScrollPane problem

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

SimpleScrollPane problem

Postby tolask » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:38 am

Hi again,

I just noticed a problem in the SimpleScrollPane. It appears that scrolling using the mouse wheel when the pointer is over the scroll pane does not work. As soon as I just replace the SimpleScrollPane by a JScrollPane, it works.

Thomas
tolask

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:51 am

I reproduced it. The mouse wheel code in BasicScrollPaneUI check if the scroll bar is visible before doing anything. In SimpleScrollPane, the scroll bar is already invisible as we have buttons to scroll. I guess we will have to add our own mouse wheel listener to do it. I will let you know if we fix it. Again, (I know you fixed a bug already), if you are interested in fixing it yourself due to the time constraint, please let us know. We and other jide common layer users will appreciate.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby tolask » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:53 am

Fixed.
Tested.
Committed.

:-)

Enjoy !

Thomas
tolask

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:23 am

Works perfectly. Thanks for the contribution.
Last edited by JIDE Support on Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby JIDE Support » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:19 pm

Just so you know, 2.1.2.01 release included your fix. Thanks again for the contribution.
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)