SwingBuilder + JIDE Common Layer

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

SwingBuilder + JIDE Common Layer

Postby aalmiray » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:57 am

Hi guys,
Just to let you know that I've started an effort for making a SwingBuilder-like builder for JCL, the first draft is available from the original discussion thread at http://www.nabble.com/SwingBuilder-%2B- ... 53574.html

Feedback is always appreciated =)
aalmiray

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:54 am

Can you show me how to get it running? I would be interested to see it. Please note, I have no groovy experience. I get groovy plugin for IntelliJ but I couldn't figure out the next step ;-)
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby aalmiray » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:08 am

Sure :D , once you have configured groovy-all-1.1-BETA-1.jar, jide-oss-2.0.3.01.jar (or 2.0.4) jidebuilder-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar in your classpath you may copy the example attached at the end of this message. It should display a frame with a couple of buttons, a multilineLabel and a comboBoxSearchable. You may find more info on SwingBuilder at http://groovy.codehaus.org/GUI+Programming+with+Groovy

BTW, the current dev version (not the one in the zip) also supports the widgets at dialog, hints, spinner and popup packages, I'll post later that version after running tests on it.

--------------------
package swing

import javax.swing.*
import groovy.swing.jide.*
import com.jidesoft.swing.*

class JideMain {
private JFrame frame
def jide

public JideMain() {
jide = new JideBuilder()

frame = jide.frame( title: "Jide", size: [640,480],
locationRelativeTo: null,
layout: new BorderLayout(5,5) ){
action( id:"clickAction", name:"Click", mnemonic: "C", closure: {println "clicked!"} )

button( label: "Swing", constraints: BorderLayout.WEST, action: jide.clickAction )
rangeSlider( minimum: 0, maximum: 100, lowValue:0, highValue: 100, constraints: BorderLayout.SOUTH )
jideButton( id:"b", label: "Jide", constraints: BorderLayout.EAST, buttonStyle: ButtonStyle.HYPERLINK_STYLE,
action: jide.clickAction )
panel {
multilineLabel(text:"JIDE1\nJIDE2\nJIDE3", constraints: BorderLayout.CENTER )
comboBoxSearchable( id: "ac", constraints: BorderLayout.SOUTH, items: ["a","aa","aaa","b","bb","bbb"] )
}
}
}

public void setVisible( boolean visible ){
frame.visible = visible
}

public static void main(String[] args) {
SwingUtilities.invokeLater { new JideMain().setVisible(true) }
}
}
aalmiray

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:05 pm

Thanks. Which jar has groovy.swing.factory.TextArgWidgetFactory?
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby aalmiray » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:31 pm

Right, about that you'll need groovy-1.1-BETA-2 instead, I'm afraid you'll have to grab a copy of the svn repo and build your own, or I can send it to you vie email. Sorry for the confusion
aalmiray

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:40 pm

You can email to support at jidesoft.com. Thanks.
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby aalmiray » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:48 pm

Libraries and source code are on their way to your inbox.
aalmiray

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:38 pm

Thanks. Now I got it running. It's great that you make it possible for people to use JIDE in groovy. Thanks for doing it. Please keep us updated for any news related to this. If you need any help from us, please let us know.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby aalmiray » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:35 am

Thanks, I'm awaiting a response from a project hosting provider, I'll ypdate this thread with the project url as soon as its up.
BTW, I kept adding more functionality to MultiplePageDialog, you can add pages with 'dialogPage()' (automatically added to dialog.pageList), I'm really loving working with JCL components
aalmiray

Postby aalmiray » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:19 pm

I've updated the source and docs to http://jidebuilder.sourceforge.net
I'll later update the docs with demos.

aalmiray

Postby JIDE Support » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:59 pm

"Alphabetical" is spelt wrong in get started page. Otherwise, it looks good :-)
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby aalmiray » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:15 pm

Thanks for spotting the typo :wink:
aalmiray

Postby aalmiray » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:03 am

I've updated the project with some fixes and features and also added a pair of screenshots & code.

http://jidebuilder.sourceforge.net/

aalmiray

Postby JIDE Support » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:50 am

How about some screenshots with Windows XP L&F on JDK6 with cleartype (anti-alias) on? I knew some people like but I never liked the Metal L&F myself.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

plugin- with eclipse

Postby psukhadiya » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:07 pm

how can we plug-in the jide components with the ecplise. Hence we are currently using the ecplise 3.2.2 for our 3- tier application.
psukhadiya

Postby JIDE Support » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:46 am

First of all, your question has nothing to do with JideBuilder aalmiray is working on. I mentioned it to avoid any confusion from other readers.

Eclipse doesn't provide an easy way to add a custom component. NB or JFormDesigner provides a much easier that you can customize the palette on fly. You can read from http://www.jidesoft.com/demo/tutorial_netbeans.html and http://www.jformdesigner.com/doc/help/ui/palette.html if you are interested these two products. In Eclipse, you have to select Choose Bean button from the palette and add a JIDE component to the canvas.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby aalmiray » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:59 am

Thanks for clearing that last question.
Now for the Cleartype screenshot, I've update the code to install the Windows L&F and defined the System property 'awt.useSystemAAFont' (or something like that) but I don't see any visible imporvement in the rendered fonts. I'm running the app on windows XP with jdk6 already.

Is there another way to turn on AA or cleartype?
aalmiray

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:19 am

On Windows XP, you have to enable clear type on Windows Display Property. Refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306527 for it.

JIDE will respect this setting and enable aatext when it tries to render any text.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby aalmiray » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:33 pm

I posted a new screenshot with Windows L&F and cleartype enabled. It also has JGoodies FormLayout support and custom cell renderers. It should help visualize how easy is to mix and match JCL components with standard Swing components.
aalmiray

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)