Maven

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Maven

Postby lievendoclo » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:02 am

Could it be possible to put the jide commons jar in the Maven2 repository?
lievendoclo

Postby JIDE Support » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:16 am

It is a good idea. Are you willing to help us doing it (in case you did it before)? I never did this before so I am a little lost when looking at the guide on maven website.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby lievendoclo » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:18 am

I've already tried to mavenize the project, but I'm using windows and it seems that you're using the apple.laf package for the aqua integration, which isn't available on Windows.

The rest, however, should work perfectly, although without a perfect build, I can't be sure...
lievendoclo

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:03 am

The laf.jar is part of Apple JDK. We are not sure if we are allowed to redistribute it. You can get it from Apple website if you want. I understand most people don't really care about building for Mac OSX but I can't think of any better way to handle this case.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby lievendoclo » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:42 am

I can probably solve it by creating my own stubs (so that they compile), but at runtime one still has to have the laf.jar in the classpath but that's also the case right now, so I suppose that's not an issue. Can't believe I'm going to write Apple stubs on a Linux pc (and in my case, probably for use in applications for Windows platfoms).

Normally, I'd expect Sun or Apple to provide a simple stub jar for laf.jar so that people can develop code for Mac on something different than a Mac. Ok, sounds strange, but this is one of those situations... Does anyone know whether such a jar exists?

Normally, by Tuesday (sorry, can't do it sooner), I'll have completed the conversion. Any place in particular where I can place the converted sources?

By the way, do you want some explaining with the code in what I had to do to convert the code to Maven?
lievendoclo

Postby JIDE Support » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:40 pm

Not sure if I understand but all you need to do is to add this to your build file.

Code: Select all
<dependency>
    <groupId>com.jidesoft</groupId>
    <artifactId>jide-oss</artifactId>
    <version>2.0.4</version>
</dependency>
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby lievendoclo » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:37 am

Great! It's available on repo1.maven.org...

But I'd recommend to put the source code in a maven 2 structure, with the stubs, since now only Mac users can compile the code... Or have you done this already, since the jars are on the maven repo (or did you just deploy the jars to the repo)?
lievendoclo

Please make 2.1.3 available at maven's repo

Postby aalmiray » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:04 pm

Currently the repo has 2.0.4 and 2.1.1 but the latest version (2.1.3) isn't.
Will it me possible for the people involved in putting the previous versions do the same for the latest? I'd like to add the new overlayable behavior to JideBuilder while keeping full dependency resolution.

Thanks.
aalmiray

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:37 pm

I'll send a request. We updated too often. I wonder if there is any better way to keep it in sync automatically.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby aalmiray » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:09 pm

Thanks. In fact there is a way of doing just that, the following link explains how http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/gui ... pload.html

I've done it with json-lib because it doesn't use maven to build the artifacts, the setup is quite easy.
aalmiray

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:40 pm

Do I still need to post a request to JIRA? The bundle jar is at http://www.jidesoft.com/maven/jide-oss-2.1.3.01-bundle.jar. I am looking for a way to upload it without posting on JIRA.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby aalmiray » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:01 pm

Bundles still require a post to MAVEN_UPLOAD (JIRA). Once the shell has been put in place (as per the last link) then you will only need to update your local repo, the shell should update the central repo when the sync is executed (from it).
aalmiray

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:14 pm

Once the shell has been put in place (as per the last link) then you will only need to update your local repo, the shell should update the central repo when the sync is executed (from it).

Can you elaborate on this? :-) I guess this is what I am looking for - I just run something from my own computer to sync the central repo.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby JIDE Support » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:09 am

We are experimenting if we can use java.net as the maven repository. I uploaded 2.1.3.02 release to this reposiroty. Can you give it a try and see if it works?

The description for this is at https://maven2-repository.dev.java.net/. The first paragraph is what matter to you as a user of it. You just need to add the following xml to your pom.xml.

Code: Select all
<repository>
   <id>maven2-repository.dev.java.net</id>
   <name>Java.net Repository for Maven</name>
   <url>http://download.java.net/maven/2/</url>
   <layout>default</layout>
</repository>

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby aalmiray » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:19 pm

It worked like a charm, thanks!
aalmiray

Postby fester » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:18 am

I still get a warning when using it:

[WARNING] POM for 'com.jidesoft:jide-oss:pom:2.1.3.02:compile' is invalid. It will be ignored for artifact resolution. Reason: Failed to validate POM
[DEBUG] Reason: Failed to validate POM
[DEBUG]
Validation Errors:
[DEBUG] For dependency Dependency {groupId=aqua, artifactId=aqua, version=5.0, type=jar}: system-scoped dependency must specify an absolute path systemPath.
[DEBUG]

[DEBUG] com.jidesoft:jide-oss:jar:2.1.3.02:compile (selected for compile)

Can you put <optional>true</optional> for that dependency so that windows users do not have a problem?

regards,

Wim
fester

Maven Optional Dependency

Postby shaunybee » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:24 am

Hi I am trying to integrate our product into a Mvn project and we are a paid up customer of the jide software however I am unable to use the dependency because of the 'POM for 'com.jidesoft:jide-oss:pom:2.1.3.02:compile' is invalid' issue - if I add in '<optional>true</optional> ' into the pom file it still doesn't work. What do I need to do please to get this to work? Have I missed something here - ps am a bit of a maven newbie so I could be doing something wrong I guess? thanks
shaunybee

Postby fester » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:09 am

You need to use a later version when running on windows. Try using version 2.2.1.04. That one works on windows for sure. I haven't tried with 2.2.1.07 which is the last one currently, but that one will probably work also.
fester

Postby shaunybee » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:13 am

For some reason when I try and use that version (2.2.x) maven complains that it is unable to download the pom or jar? Not to worry for now as I have deleted the bad dependency frm the pom (temp fix) and so at least it ignores it. Thanks for suggestions.
shaunybee

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)