JideSplitButton

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

JideSplitButton

Postby fester » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:57 pm

Hi,

I looked at the developer docs, but there is no documentation on JideSplitButton.

I would like to use it in a toolbar, but I have some problems:

1) the look and feel is not followed properly (JGoodies Windows)

When I change to the java windows look and feel:

2) the button should be disabled at the start, however, the icon and the text does not show as disabled. The arrow button is disabled.

3) the toolbar has the rollover property set to true, however, the splitbutton does not follow this properly. It has already a 3D-like border, even when not hovering over the button.

4) When doing a mouse over, the buttons normally become a lighter grey with a rounded 3D rectangle around them. However, the button shows a orange-like gradient.

kind regards,

Wim
fester

Postby JIDE Support » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:51 am

1. JideButton and JideSplitButton have the same style which don't always match with the L&F.
2. There is setButtonEnabled method. You need to disable button part of menu button separately.
3. JideSplitButton doesn't follow rollover property in JToolBar. JToolBar is a little strange when doing rollover property. It sets border on the component on the toolbar. I really don't like this idea. I guess the 3D border is something JToolBar set. We don't have that kind of border.
4. Are you using Office2003 style? That's where the orange color comes from. Try to use VSNET style with JGoodies (LookAndFeelFactory.installJideExtension(LookAndFeelFactory.VSNET_STYLE). Office2003 style looks the best with the default Windows L&F comes with JDK when XP theme is on.
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby fester » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:34 pm

I managed to get the JideSplitButton to integrate rather nicely by using the Xerto style. It even follows the rollover property in that case.

However, there seems to be a bug when controlling the enabled/disabled state through an Action. If the action is disabled before giving it to the JideSplitButton, only the menu arrow is disabled and not the actual button.

When enabling and disabling the Action then later, it reacts correctly and disables the button and the menu.

regards,

Wim
fester

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:45 am

Can you send me a test case? I couldn't reproduce it in JideSplitButtonDemo?

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby fester » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:08 pm

I have send you a testcase by forum email some time ago. Can you reproduce it with that?

regards,

Wim
fester

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:25 am

Sorry for the late reply. I reproduced it but didn't get a chance to look into it. But I just did and found the reason is we set a new DefaultSplitButtonModel to the JideSplitButton which erase the enabled flag. I will fix it. In the meantime, just set action after the button is created.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:29 pm

Just so you know, this is fixed in 2.1.0 we just released.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby fester » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:09 am

Can you upload the version to the maven repository so I can use it?

thank you for fixing that bug. Did you add the XERTO_WITHOUT_MENU style also?

regards,

Wim
fester

Postby JIDE Support » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:07 pm

XERTO_STYLE_WITHOUT_MENU is added too. I still didn't get used to upload every release to maven. I'll get to it.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)