DockableFrame cannot be garbage collected

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

DockableFrame cannot be garbage collected

Postby astaravoitau » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:13 am

Hi,
I'm using JIDE docking framework and after I close any DockableFrame it still stays in memory and cannot be processed by the garbage collector.
Jide version 3.3.5.
When I analyze heap dump using visualvm I see no references pointing to the closed frame. VisualVM says "The instance is a GC root".
Should I perform any clean up work on frame closing action?
Attached is a demo project that demonstrates the issue but in this case frame is not a "GC root". It has a reference in KeyboardFocusManager. But I guess there could be the fix that will solve my original problem also
Attachments
docking.zip
(3.79 KiB) Downloaded 1589 times
astaravoitau

Re: DockableFrame cannot be garbage collected

Postby JIDE Support » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:20 am

By closing a dockable frame, do you mean close the frame from UI? If so, that's just a call to dockingManager.hideFrame by default. You will have to call dockingManager.removeFrame to allow it to be gc'ed.
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)