CollapsiblePane.collapse() causes painting problems

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

CollapsiblePane.collapse() causes painting problems

Postby dsegall » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:08 am

I'm trying to create a collapsible pane, and set it to collapsed or expanded in code depending on certain variables. My problem is that collapse() doesn't work properly.

If I call collapse(false), the title paints properly, the icon shows as the expanded icon, but the content doesn't show until I move the mouse over the title.
If I call collapse(true), nothing paints properly.

What gives?

(Edit: Using the mouse works properly.)
dsegall

Re: CollapsiblePane.collapse() causes painting problems

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:00 pm

Can you please give JIDE CollapsiblePaneDemo a try? I tried to invoke CollapisblePane#collapse() there and it works quite good for me.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby dsegall » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:36 pm

I figured out what makes it tick.

After I create the components for my dialog, I have a routine that recursively goes through all the components in the dialog and changes their font. The CollapsiblePane and all of its children also get affected by this routine. The bugs only happen when I set a title on the CollapsiblePane, and whatever component it uses to display the title is affected by this font change.

Is there a way to change the font used for the CollapsiblePane's title?
dsegall

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:12 pm

Please configure the UIDefaults with the key "CollapsiblePane.titleFont" to change the title font.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)