Seeing entire menu with JideSplitButton

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Seeing entire menu with JideSplitButton

Postby robert » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:54 pm

I am using JideSplitButton and have a case where the number of added menu items exceeds the height of the screen and so the bottom part of the menu is not visible.. Is there an easy way to visibly scroll through the entire menu. I've been experimenting by adding JMenus to the button, but I'm wondering if there is a simpler method that I have missed.

Thanks
robert

Re: Seeing entire menu with JideSplitButton

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:34 pm

I'm afraid that there is no easy way to have scrollable because JideSplitButton inherits JMenu. Please try to create child menu so that it could look better.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Re: Seeing entire menu with JideSplitButton

Postby robert » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:26 pm

Thanks for the reply. I figured that was the case. I will add child menus at certain intervals so that all items are visible.

Thanks
robert

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)