run jide in eclipse

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

run jide in eclipse

Postby jh40 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:22 am

Hi, i,ve just downloaded the jide.3.5.8eval. I wanted to run it in eclipse but i see a huge number of files. Can u pls tell me how can i actualy run this in eclipose. pls consider that i am a beginner in eclipse.
jh40

Re: run jide in eclipse

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:26 am

JideDemos class is the one you can run to see all the demos. There are also many other demos that you can run to see an individual demo. It all depends on what JIDE components you want to learn.

BTW, I deleted your other post. Please do not post the same topic multiple times.
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby jh40 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:14 pm

Thanx for ur answer, but im stil not able to run an example in eclipse. as im new in eclipse, can u please tel me all of the steps that i need to follow to run de JideDemos ?
jh40

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:52 am

We had made using Eclipse really easy.

1. Right click on the Package Explorer, select "Import..."
2. In Import dialog, select General - Existing Projects into Workspace
3. In Import Projects dialog, select root directory to point to "examples' folder of the evaluation package after you unzip it.
4. Select "Finish". By now, you should see an "examples" project in the Package Explorer.
5. Right click on the "examples" in the Package Explorer, select Run As - 2 Java Application
6. Now the Eclipse will index and work for a while. At last it will popup a dialog to choose the file to run. "JavaDemos" should be the first one in the list. Just select it and run.
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby jh40 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:58 am

Thanx for ur reply but i have not been able to run JideDemos in eclipse yet . I have follwed all the steps above and also unziped the jide.3.5.8eval on my desktop( i get some folders like examples, maven, osgi, src ...). As i try to run the ''examples'' as a ''2 Java application'' from the eclipse Package Explorer, i get this error:
Error: Could not find or load main class JideDemos
Could u pls help me solve this?
Thanx in advance.
jh40

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:13 am

You probably didn't do it correctly. Is JideDemos in your class path? It is very difficult for us to support you if you don't know the basic of Java and Eclipse, not to mention using JIDE.
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)