Manifest file for the JIDE Common Layer

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Manifest file for the JIDE Common Layer

Postby FrenchGuy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:38 am

I just discovered JIDE and I am really amazed.
I used maven in order to construct the jar file for the JIDE Common Layer but the Manifest file it contains doesn't list the java beans that are defined in it. The interface builder I use (VisualMust) can find the usable beans either by 'reading' the manifest file or by using the beaninfo classes. Currently, I am quite unable to add the JIDE Common Layer goodies to my favorite tool.
By the way, I have just updated the maven generated file with a manifest file stating for example
Name: com/jidesoft/swing/JideTabbedPane
Jave-Bean: True

And I expect VisualMust to be able to use your goodies. The nec plus ultra would be to have nice icons associated with all these but at least would it be possible to have an exhaustive list of the GUI elements provided by the Common Layer in order to be able to easily use them.
If such a list is not available, I will try to create it by myself and will obviously be ready to share it with anybody who may need it. My artistic habilities forbid me alas to propose to draw any icon for them however...

Thanks a lot for making these marvels available for us.
FrenchGuy

Re: Manifest file for the JIDE Common Layer

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:09 am

Thanks for letting us know. The open source project only has the ver simple build process. You can download our evaluation package following the instructions at http://www.jidesoft.com/evaluation. After you did it, unzip it and unjar the jide-common.jar under lib folder. The jide-common.jar's manifest file has all the java-beans listed. You can pretty much take the manifest as it is and override the one in the jide-oss.jar you built from the JCL.
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby FrenchGuy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:25 am

I was amazed for what I saw and now I am amazed by the kindness and the efficiency of your support !

Thanks a lot for this reply, I'll do it immediately.
BTW, I got the JideTabbedPane integrated in my interface builer and I am able to set any property. Alas I have to know the numeric values associated with the options (TabShape, TabResizeMode aso.) (The interface builder relies on the beaninfo class in order to display these constants in a human readable format) but this is quite easy to override and anyway, I can also do it in my own code using the JIDE defined constants.
Thanks a lot again, I think I'll play with it for a while.
Sincerely
Jean-Pierre aka FrenchGuy
FrenchGuy

Postby baslat » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:49 pm

It wouls be very convenient indeed to have the beaninfo as a separate download
baslat

Postby JIDE Support » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:58 pm

The beaninfo is already a separate jar - jide-beaninfo.jar.
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)