CheckBoxTree, Tristate and Nimbus

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

CheckBoxTree, Tristate and Nimbus

Postby testrash » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:48 am

Hi All,

Does anyone know if CheckBoxTree with Tristate is working in Nimbus?
I'm playing with Common Layer v.3.5.6 in JDK7,Linux. By far, in "dig in" mode there is no "mixed" check box state for node when children are selected partially.
I do invoke LookAndFeelFactory.installJideExtension() after selecting Nimbus LAF.
The very same code in system LAF works fine.

Could anyone give me some details on what's going on?
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (3.96 KiB) Viewed 19049 times
testrash

Re: CheckBoxTree, Tristate and Nimbus

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:11 am

Please check if you included jide-plaf.jar or jide-plaf-jdk7.jar in your class path.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby testrash » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:04 am

Yes, it works after including jide-plaf-jdk7.jar. Thanks.
What license applies to jide-plaf-jdk7.jar? I wasn't able to find it in JIDE Common Layer and had to take it from JIDE evaluation package.
I guess it has different license and should be purchased to use. Right?
testrash

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:44 pm

The jide-plaf jars don't have their own license requirement because it goes along with the components you are using. You can't use it alone. If you are using JCL, then the open source license applies to it too. You don't need to purchase it.

But keep in mind though, the open source JCL doesn't come with any technical support. We are providing support here as a courtesy. If you find it useful and need our support, please consider purchasing a technical support package for JCL, or one of our commercial products which will include the tech support for JCL as well.
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby testrash » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:54 am

Got it. Thanks a lot for help.
testrash

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)