Editing Table

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Editing Table

Postby blurbs » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:51 pm

Hi there,
Greetings.

I'm a new here.
I want to ask some questions regarding editing cell in a table.

Currently my practices of doing cell editing in a table is by double-clicking the cell to make the cell editable for text input.
For the single-clicking, it will select the row instead. It just like Excel behaviour of cell editing.
What I see in some of JIDE demo, some of the table can be editable using single-click and some of it can be editable using double-clicking.

What I want to know here is the best practices of cell editing in a table whether it is single-click or double-click?
Is there any issue if we use double-click to edit the table compared to the single-click to edit the table?

Hope you all can help me,
Thanks! :D
blurbs

Re: Editing Table

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:19 am

I believe this is the choice of your application. If you are more concerned about avoiding error inputs from the end user, it might be appropriate to double click to edit. If you are more concerned about the easier input to treat your end user more friendly, single click to edit would be the solution.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)