CheckBoxTree$1 not serializable

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

CheckBoxTree$1 not serializable

Postby wheelerej » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi,

I am new to java and learning swing while working on an internship project. I am attempting to save a CheckBoxTree when we save the current project and I am getting the following error:

java.io.NotSerializableException: com.jidesoft.swing.CheckBoxTree$1

The information I am saving contains multiple classes that hold metagenomic data in the form of a tree containing genetic sequences. All of my data classes imlement serializable and I get the above error when I try to save. My code for saving the data is:

FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream(file);
ObjectOutputStream out = new ObjectOutputStream(fos);
out.writeObject(model.getProject());
out.flush();
fos.close();
out.close();

I tried to research for this error including in the forums here but I could not find any other cases of this. I apologize if this has been brought up before.

Thank you for the help
wheelerej

Re: CheckBoxTree$1 not serializable

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:50 pm

Thanks for bug report. Will try to fix it in next regular release.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby wheelerej » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:15 am

Thank you for the quick response. Is there any eta on when this would be fixed or anyway I can fix it from my end? I am just curious if I should be going a different route on the whole check box tree idea.

Thanks.
wheelerej

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:01 pm

The ETA is not solid yet. Normally we have regular releases every 2 to 3 weeks. Will keep you posted when we have a release ready. I'm afraid that there is no work around available in current release.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:01 pm

Just so you know, this is fixed in 3.4.2 just released.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)