JIDE Common layer in eclipse

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

JIDE Common layer in eclipse

Postby venkataratna » Wed May 30, 2012 4:16 am

Hi,

How to do JIDE Common layer plug-in in Eclipse? I crated one project in my workspace, I added jide-common.jar file in that project. After that one i am confusing about palette configuration.How to proceed that one.In this forum I saw one forum(viewtopic.php?f=18&t=12648&p=62186&hilit=Eclipse#p62186) they did modifications in palette tab in Eclipse. But when ever I opened the palette in my workspace,it does not show any thing. How to add those things in my wok space. how to do swing example using JIDE common layer.

Please give me the solution..

Thanks,
venkata.
venkataratna

Re: JIDE Common layer in eclipse

Postby JIDE Support » Wed May 30, 2012 3:05 pm

Please find the help from http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp and the section "WindowBuilder User Guide" would be the right answer for you. After you can see the Swing components like JTable, JLabel, etc., if you still could not see JIDE components by including that jar file in your class path, we would love to help.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Re: JIDE Common layer in eclipse

Postby JIDE Support » Wed May 30, 2012 4:06 pm

BTW, you can see below for a screenshot of components from JIDE Common Layer in Eclipse. There will be a bunch of software that you need in Eclipse such as WindowBuilder, Swing Designer, SWT Designer (look like dependency reason). We are no expert in this area so you will have to figure out by trying or look for helps from Eclipse community. Once you have it, you just new a JPanel or JFrame using Swing Designer, choose the design tab as the screenshot, then import jars (from the popup menu) which will add components to the palette.

swing-designer.jpg
swing-designer.jpg (159.11 KiB) Viewed 13780 times
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)