Error while invoking GroupTabel.getExpansionState

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Error while invoking GroupTabel.getExpansionState

Postby uriweiner » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:44 pm

Hi.

I keep getting the following error while im invoking the getExpansionState methode:

??? Java exception occurred:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1

at java.util.Vector.get(Unknown Source)

at com.jidesoft.grid.TreeTableModel.getExpansionState(Unknown Source)
[/color]

Can you hel p point me in the right direction to overcomne this issue?

Thanks
uriweiner

Re: Error while invoking GroupTabel.getExpansionState

Postby JIDE Support » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:55 am

Did you invoke DefaultGroupTableModel#getExpansionState() or TreeTableModel#getExpansionState()? Can you please share with us the full stack trace? If possible, please download a debug release so that we could see the detailed line information in the stack trace.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby uriweiner » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:15 pm

I invoked DefaultGroupTableModel#getExpansionState() to get the error.
The thing is that when the user expaned the tree, insome cases i do get the mehtode output (map) and in other cases i get the reported error.
However, when i try to use the next methode (DefaultGroupTableModel#setExpansionState(map) , i expected that the tree will return to its previuse from
But nothing happands. - this is when i can obtin the map.

Am i missing something? do i need to use other methodes to get the tree back to its previuse form?

Regarding the Error, can you explain what debug do i need to download in ortder to send you the stack? can you share a link?

Thanks,

Uri
uriweiner

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:23 am

It's hard to say where the issue is without a test case. I can't reproduce the issue with the attached test case. You could also download the debug release at http://www.jidesoft.com/evaluation/index.php so that we could see the detailed stack trace.

Thanks,
Attachments
GroupTableDemo.java
(15.19 KiB) Downloaded 1326 times
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)