JIDE plugin with netbeans

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

JIDE plugin with netbeans

Postby tbijisha » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:59 am

I am a beginner in java application. I am developing an application in which i want autocompletion of jTable and jTextField. I am using netbeans. Now a days i came to know that JIDE is providing that feature as intelliHint and autocompletion. But i dont know how can i get that into my netbeans application. For adding that API as library i couldnt download the jar files of JIDE. I am totally confused in this. So any one please help me to do this, i am completely new to JIDE.
tbijisha

Re: JIDE plugin with netbeans

Postby JIDE Support » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:26 am

You could download the AutoCompletion and IntelliHint from JIDE open source project at http://java.net/projects/jide-oss/downloads.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby JIDE Support » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:35 am

BTW, since you are new to JIDE, you probably don't know the webstart demo and evaluation package. The JCL library (the jar itself) is available on java.net but the demo for it is in the eval package which you can download from http://www.jidesoft.com/evaluation/. We can't put it on java.net as the demo framework itself depends on some other JIDE components. Once you get the eval package, unzip it and open the examples project in NetBeans, you can see a lot of demos. There are demos for AutoCompletion and IntelliHints respectively. You can look at the source code of the demo to figure out how to use these two features. Just so you know, you need to write code for it. It is just a couple of lines of simple code but you can't enable the features by drag-n-drop using NetBeans GUI builder.
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby tbijisha » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:13 am

Thanks for your reply..I'l try those things which you have mentioned and will let you know..
tbijisha

Postby tbijisha » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:57 am

Hii..i downloaded the jar files from http://java.net/projects/jide-oss/downloads. But there i found so many versions of jide-oss. I tried 3.3.4 , 2.11.1 and 3.1.1. After opening it in netbeans i got only AutocompletionCombobox,i didnt get IntelliHints and autocompletion Text Field. Can you tell me the exact version of jide-oss which contains these two.
tbijisha

Postby JIDE Support » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:21 am

IntelliHints and AutoCompletion are two classes, not java bean so they won't show up in the NB palette. What you should do is to drag a Swing JTextField to the GUI designer, then in your code, you get hold a reference to the JTextField and call new ListDataIntelliHints(textField, a completionList) or new AutoCompletion(textField, a completionList) to implement the IntelliHint or AutoCompletion feature respectively.
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby tbijisha » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:18 pm

ok..i'll try the way you said....thank you..
tbijisha

Postby tbijisha » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:10 pm

Thank you all...now it's working..thanks a lot...:)
tbijisha

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)