sorting vs cells with complex rendering

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

sorting vs cells with complex rendering

Postby sohcan » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:54 am

Hi,

I have a following problem with SortableTable. My table has one column with a complex, time consuming renderer which is essentially JPanell with overridden paintComponent(Graphics g) method. When I sort that table (by some other column) with SortableTable.sort method everything works fine untill I scroll horizontally to that column with a complex the renderer. Table is flickering and it looks like intermedieate steps of sorting are shown, because without further horizontall scrolling content of all visible cells is changing (in the rate of which the complex renderer is able to rerender cells) . Because rendering takes a long time and there are so many of these intermediate steps, gui thread is blocked and table stops being usable.

1. Is my assumption right, that intermediate steps are shown? if so, why? If not, what could be the reason for the above behavior?
2. Do you see an elegant way to address this?
3. If not, are there any events like sorting started/finished fired so I could do a workaround with disabling the renderer for a sorting time?

I'm using 3.2.3 version.

sohcan
sohcan

Re: sorting vs cells with complex rendering

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:59 am

There is no sorting task running when you scroll horizontally. Please try to check the source code of your renderer component to debug this issue. We would be more than happy to assist if you could share with us a stand-alone test case.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)