BasicJideTabbedPaneUI tab editing bug

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

BasicJideTabbedPaneUI tab editing bug

Postby poss » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:11 am

Hi i am using jide-oss-2.5.5 with Standart JDK 1.6.12.

I have a class that is inherited from BasicJideTabbedPaneUI and i have problems with tab editing.
The problems is: when the title of the tab is bigger than the max tab width, the title is displayed as "veryveryveryverylongtitle...".
When i try to edit this tab, the editor is displayed correctly, in the bounds of max tab size, but the whole tab is painted as if its width is the width of full title.
what i get is tab : |"editor with title"|X_____________________|
Where X is a close button
and ___ is the tabs empty space.
I looked at the source code, Overrided the editTabAt method and found out, that the width of the tab remains normal(maximum tab width width) until the the line
_isEditing = true;
is executed.

Would very appreciate help
poss

Re: BasicJideTabbedPaneUI tab editing bug

Postby JIDE Support » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:51 am

Can you please give the latest release a try? Just tried JIDE JideTabbedPaneDemo in 3.2.3 and the tab editing works fine for me.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby poss » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:26 am

The problem was in method:
protected int calculateTabWidth(int i, int j, FontMetrics fontmetrics)
In BasicJideTabbedPaneUI.

in this method, the tab width was calculated incorrectly( adding the width of whole tab title);
poss

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:18 pm

Thanks for your help debugging this issue. Appreciate if you could send us a screencast to demonstrate the issue if you still see it in the latest release. The link here http://screencast.com/t/PD2Q5Pa4kUXP is the screencast I tested FYI

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)