Force TreeTable find his children

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Force TreeTable find his children

Postby robertho21 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:50 pm

Hi, I have been working with a TreeTable, I need to show all the TreeTable expanded, I'm doing this calling treeTable.expandAll method before the table is showed, I need to show the same table for some elements, when I select one element I show the table with his properties, when I move to other element I show the same table but with the other element properties.

The first time everything is ok, I set the tableModel with the root components of he table and when the method expandAll is invoked, this method invoke getChildren method too, and the complete table is showed. But I'm getting a problem when I move to other element and then back to the first element, this time the expandAll method is not invoke to the getChildren method any more.

I need to find the way to invoke the getChildren method again in order to show the rows with all their children,

Could you please help me,

Thanks in advance.

Robertho
robertho21

Re: Force TreeTable find his children

Postby JIDE Support » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:13 am

Is it because that the first element is already expanded when you move the selection back? You might also want to consider listen to the list selection event of the table's selection model to carry your logic. Please correct me if I get your question wrong.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)