How to maintain the order and the size of the column

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

How to maintain the order and the size of the column

Postby sarikap08 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:57 pm

Hi,

I have a below requirement:
"The user can change the order, the size of the columns in Table.
If the user clicks on the button search, the size, sort out, order of the columns will not be lost."

For this I am using SortableTable and setting the Table model which is extending DefaultTable model and that table model is setting by calling

SortableTable table=new sortableTable(model);

In that way ,I am able to sort the data by cliking on the particular column but not able to maintain the order of the column i.e if I move few columns by using mouse and click on Search, the order of the column get reached to its intial position.

Please help me out.

Thanks in adavance
sarikap08

Re: How to maintain the order and the size of the column

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:54 am

Can you please what "Search" is in your context? Is it a QuickFilterField or AutoFilterTableHeader or just a button? If it's a button, will its action listener fire table structure change event for some reason?

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby sarikap08 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:19 am

It's just a search button and I am not firing any table structure change event
sarikap08

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:48 am

Could you please tell us what exactly the search button does? if you can share us the code of this search button action, it would be great.
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)